Christine Joy Ferrer (AKA Tine) is now registering students for her Winter/Spring 2019 classes at 856 Cabrillo St. @ 10th Avenue in San Francisco. Please view the class schedule. If your child attends Lafayette Elementary school, please click on the link below for registration information. Questions? Call/text 415.608.2512 or email tine[@]eomvmnt.org
NOW registering students for Young Creators Summer Camp 2019!
Studio Location: 856 Cabrillo St. @ 10th Avenue
(Located inside a church)
CLASS SCHEDULE & INFO
- Please note: No class March 25-29, Spring Break
- Student performances are always held on the last day of class! Please mark your calendars.
Rhythm & MVMNT (Ages 4 to 6 years old) incorporates basic acrobatics, dance, rhythmic exploration and creative movement. This class is inspired by movement meant to prepare students for capoeira and serves as a prerequisite for capoeira classes with Jarrel Phillips. For more information please visit, avesidea.org.
(Class size: Min. 4, Max 10)
• Wednesdays, January 16 - April 24, 2019 : 14 Weeks
• 4:00 PM – 4:55 PM
• Registration Fee: $252/session
*Friend/Sibling 10 % Discount: $227/session
WINTER/SPRING 2019 REGISTRATION
All classes @ 856 Cabrillo
What You Should Know
- Enrollment after the start of the session will be prorated for the number of remaining weeks.
- Space is limited. All classes open until filled.
- Students enroll for a full class session
- Drop-ins $20/class
- Also remember, parents/guardians are not required to stay with your child during class. In fact, we ask that you please drop your child/children off and and come back during the last 10 minutes of class to pick up your kids. The time alone is easier for the coach and other instructors (children behave differently away from their parent/guardian) to create the space necessary for them to function independently, build and bond with their coach, and not have to deal with more than one authority figure in the environment. Thank you for understanding. However, if we feel that your child needs you, we will ask you to stay. There is also a waiting room downstairs.
- You can bring your payment on the first day you attend the session if paying by Cash or Check. Or, send your registration fees via PAYPAL Friends and Family to: PAYPAL.ME/tinejoy or VENMO @tinejoy13
- If you are interested in private, semi-private or group classes please contact Tine directly.
Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian martial-art form that combines self-defense, dance and acrobatics. Developed by African slaves who needed to disguise their martial arts from slave masters and other authorities. Capoeira helps people of all ages develop self-esteem, coordination, rhythm, strength, flexibility, and collaborative skills. It incorporates physical movement and awareness, self-expression, discipline, community, musicality, and the Portuguese language. For more info on capoeira classes visit, avesidea.org.
Christine Joy Ferrer (a.k.a. Tine) is a cultural movement and arts advocate; an eclectic soul inspired by Afro-diasporic/folkloric rhythms, dedicated to youth and community. She explores her relationship and connection to our local cultural arts communities not only as a dancer and educator, but also as writer, designer and editor. Brought up in San Francisco's Ingleside district, she is a San Francisco State University graduate with a Bachelor of Arts dual degree in journalism and dance. For the last seven years she has taught preschool gymnastic/dance at AcroSports. She's studied Haitian folkloric, Afro-Brazilian Contemporary, Afro-Cuban, acrobatics, jazz, modern, Latin American Social Folk, Dunham Technique, Philippine folk and more. She is a member of Parangal Dance Company. Tine is the arts/culture and design editor for Reimagine's Race, Poverty & the Environment journal and founder of Eyes Opened MVMNT Media & Design.